Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Unimportant Observations #1

While I was driving home, my wife mentioned that Dixie Carter was on an episode of SVU.  Actually, she had said it was the dark-haired lady from Designing Women.  As it did not require a wide-angle lens, I knew it to be Dixie and not Delta Burke.  Anyway, my thought was this...Throughout the entire run of Designing Women, did they ever actually design anything?  I remember Meschach Taylor carrying fabric and them talking about "important meetings," but did they ever actually design something?  Shit, man, even the A-Team made a tank out of a bus, random piles of sheet metal just laying around the almost empty warehouse they were locked in, and the odd arsenal of machine parts used to make guns that shoot heads of lettuce.

UPDATE: So, Dixie Carter apparently passed away yesterday.  Define eerie.  I haven't thought of her or that show until my random thought, and then boom, she's gone.  Maybe I should try writing more about Congress and DC.

No comments: