Sunday, April 14, 2013

I know, I probably shouldn't have, but...


So, a few days ago, I had to run to the bank for work and also stopped to get gas.  Let me tell you something...listening to Barry Manilow's "Copacabana" thru every pump and lobby speaker at Speedway around 9am is in no way festive, pleasant, or entertaining.  It is what I would imagine being waterboarded would be like.  So, that just made for a spiteful me as I went into the bank.

Upon arriving at the bank, I discovered that the customer currently being waited on by Teller #1 was blind.  Other than the sunglasses on an overcast day, the dog in the bank by her side pretty much confirmed it.  I go up to Teller #2 and start my transaction. I was listening to the conversation Blindie was having with the teller and overheard this gem.

Blindie: "So, will this deposit show up on my account today?"
Teller: "I'm sorry, but no, you probably won't be able to see it until tomorrow."

To a blind woman.

My funny fuse was just going crazy because it was very obvious that the teller knew what she had accidentally said, but luckily Blindie didn't take offense.  My teller heard her as well and was clearly also holding back the giggles.  I kept my calm and waited until Blindie left.  Immediately after, I looked over to Teller #1 and said "or, hell, she might not ever see it at all."  Both tellers and the other customer burst into laughter and as I finished my transaction, I let them know, "If any of you are interested in learning how to book first-class passage to and five-star accommodations in hell, just ask."  While I agree that I may not be the most tactful or respectful person, this little experience did make me forget about Barry Manilow for the rest of the day, and you just can't put a price on that.

No comments: